Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames[_12_] Carl Ijames[_12_] is offline

Default Coin counter

On 5/23/2017 6:08 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
I have 8 3-pound coffee cans full of change. Very standard mix collected
over the past 20 years. I want to have somebody run it all thro3ugh a
machine and give me cash or a check. The 2local grocery store charges 10%
and a wholesaler that I used to buy pop for the machine will do it for 5%.
My local banks don't have a machine. Isn't there a better choice? Any
ideas who might have a machine and doesn't charge much? How much do you
think is in those coffee cans?

Just for grins I looked at coin sorters on ebay, from cheapest with shipping
on up, to see how bad bad could be :-). The under $20 ones had terrible
reviews and looked it, but there were a couple at $31 with shipping that I
thought might get your job done before wearing out. If you have $1500 in
coins and spend $31 plus what, $20-40 in wrappers, that's 50 or
60/1500=3.3-4% (hey, your friend's 5% with wrappers isn't sounding too bad
given the hours you will spend with these). Anyway, for your amusement look
at
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coin-Sorter-...AOSwCU1YvKW T
(needs 2 C cells) and
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manual-Coin-...gAAOSw5UZY-ryY