Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Marantz PM6004

Lee wrote:

------------

Right, I am now confused. Not that it's difficult

I think the original music source it was tested with was severely over
driving it...

If I feed it a 0.8v pp sinewave from my sig gen it doesn't clip at full
volume and doesn't go into protect.

** Are you using a dummy load ?

Please describe.

Other than it being a touch quick to go into protect, does this sound
like it's actually working properly? Or at least as it was designed?

** Depends on that mysterious load.

Where it's normally installed, it's paired with some very expensive
speakers

** And we are not allowed to know their identity either?

*assuming my sig gen is accurate, of course.

** Your scope should be accurate enough.

That a secret too?

..... Phil