Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Emergence of Re-leavers

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
James Harris wrote

If and when we and the EU arrange a free trade deal, option 1,
then we will still split the existing EU-WTO schedules for our non-EU
international trade. But we and the EU will also have an easier trade
relationship than we would if we trade with them on WTO terms.

Keep saying it. Look at the agreement Norway etc already have.

That has **** all bargaining power because its so economically
insignificant.

Same with Iceland and Switzerland.

The idea we will get a better deal in the short term is pie in the sky.

Having fun thrashing that straw man endlessly ?

Because then Norway and Switzerland etc would rightly demand it too.

How odd that they don’t demand what all these others have got.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

Then other EU countries would rightly ask
- 'why are we paying for the EU (etc)

Most of them are net recipients from the EU.

when the UK gets free trade by leaving?

Because they keep getting what the EU hands them currently.

Basically, turkeys don't vote for Xmas.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

The chances of us getting any deal which will suit the Brexiteers is zero.

How odd that all but 3 of these have managed that on the free movement
of people and being able to ignore any EU policy they don’t agree with.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

It will either be one similar to what we had as a member, or none at all.

How odd that it isnt with these.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

And this country can't afford not to have a deal with the EU.

Even sillier than you usually manage. All of the USA, Canada, India,
China, Japan Australia, NZ etc etc etc manage fine. Why can't Britain ?