Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On Mon, 22 May 2017 22:43:51 -0400
woodchucker wrote:

--

if they really stood behind the product and technology they would
use their finger

this hot dog thing tells us that the tech is not 100 percent

and yet again we get toward the papa state

that is laws and technology to prevent one from thinking and where
does it get humanity when so many are incapable of thinking for
themselves

but no doubt it sells more saws so that is the prime objective

but how long will it be until table saws are obsolete

see my previous post but i suspect not too long as cnc is much cheaper
than it was as the motors and servos and computers are vastly improved
and the single board computers are well supported and widely available

also as i get older i start thinking more about a cnc setup in this
regard and would not invest in sawstop

if i screw up i can be far away and just shut off power to cnc