Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default knife scales

On Sun, 21 May 2017 19:08:20 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Leonhardt wrote:

Not sure why you need to waterproof, but OK.

cross purpose knife and had longevity in mind

perhaps it lasts long enough to get handed down

The kit had tiny socket head (internal hex) cap screws. The kit also
supplied a hex key for tightening. Oh yeah, now I remember. Don't
pay attention to the drill sizes in the instructions. Just measure
the screws and select the sizes yourself.

funny you mention that i did end up doing that

found the right bits in my assortment

got some slot screw head type that are meant to be ground off flush
once secured

I never watched any videos. I think the belt sander your describing

well some of the videos are inspiring some are tiring some are funny
lots to learn from success and failure

some are honest and forward enough to show their mistakes and others
of course edit those out

can be had at HF for $19.95 less 20%. Good reports on its
performance.

will have to look at hf
in the videos i saw a couple that had 48 inch belts

seems to be a lot of pride in their belt sanders