Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.antiques.radio+phono
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Goodbye Radio Shack

On 5/23/2017 11:29 AM, wrote:
It's official. Radio Shack is closing their doors. The nearest store to
me (in a big city about 60 miles away), is having a "going out of
business sale". Yesterday it was 80% off almost everything. But there
was little left to choose from. I got a few audio cables, some heat
shrink tubing and a couple 12v 1a transformers. That's about all I could
find.....

This is a sad day..... Radio Shack is the last of the old electronics
stores, and while they have not had much in recent years, I still liked
their stores, and over the years I found their equipment was made fairly
well.

The guy said they are presently going to keep about 70 stores, which is
about one per state, and they will only be in the very large cities.

This sucks!!!!

Local store here is at 60% off.
Even at 60% off, they're still WAY more expensive than online.
RS was only viable if you had an emergency.