Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default RCA PLUGS

On Tue, 23 May 2017 12:19:06 -0700, (Dave
Platt) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

the RCA cables you get on Ebay these days, the ground tabs are so thin that they don't hold tight at all when
you plug them in.

I've taken to soldering wires around them which is a colossal waste of my time.
I'd rather pay a little more for a usable connector. Like they were 5 years ago.

Anybody know a source of not audiophool cables but just decent usable RCA cables.

Take a look through the selection of RCA audio cables available at
Markertek. They have a whole range of types and prices.

The ones made by Sescom, using Mogami Neglex cable and "the highest
quality connectors from Neutrik, Connectronics & Switchcraft" might be
a reasonable tradeoff between quality and price.

Another option would be to rip the RCA jacks out of your equipment and
install BNC. The cables aren't necessarily cheaper than RCA, but it's
a better-designed connector.

It would take me a month or two to replace all the RCA connectors in my
stuff..... Heck, some of the stuff has about 25 of them on ONE piece of
gear.