Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On 5/23/2017 11:22 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/22/2017 9:43 PM, woodchucker wrote:
http://www.finehomebuilding.com/2017...ules-tablesaws

What am I missing?

The proposed ruling is only for demo purposes, not actual use, NO?

What was written,

The proposal requires that table saws limit the depth of cut to 3.5
millimeters when a stand-in for a human finger (a hot dog is commonly
used) contacts the spinning blade while approaching at 1 meter per second.

I think the author missed the point, I read this as a guide line for
demonstration purposes only.

Instead of talking about these stupid proposals, use the time that you
take to write to this newsgroup and send the message where it will do
some good.

www.regulations.gov

In the case of this proposal enter into the search window and complete
number in the search window. CPSC-2011-0074 to get the comment form for
this proposal.

There are enough people reading this newsgroups and their friends that
if every one of you sent a comment through the above link it would make
a difference.

I just submitted my comments, will you?

--
2017: The year we lean to play the great game of Euchre