Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Forces in a gambrel roof

On Tue, 23 May 2017 14:41:30 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

Hmmmm, workshop "super basement" here we come ;-)

I (think) I've always been envious of those who have
house-footprint-sized basements, possibly more than I've been happy to
have a loft space that is useable (not a mesh of balsa wood trusses
all stapled together).

All good and dandy if your house isn't built on a flood plane.

(I saw some fairly local 'new build' houses going up near a river and
they were flooded just after they had installed the damp-proof-course
(ironically)). ;-)

Are there any countries where basements are the norm? You seem to see
them quite a lot on American based films?

Cheers, T i m