Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On 5/23/2017 11:22 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/22/2017 9:43 PM, woodchucker wrote:
http://www.finehomebuilding.com/2017...ules-tablesaws

What am I missing?

The proposed ruling is only for demo purposes, not actual use, NO?

What was written,

The proposal requires that table saws limit the depth of cut to 3.5
millimeters when a stand-in for a human finger (a hot dog is commonly
used) contacts the spinning blade while approaching at 1 meter per second.

I think the author missed the point, I read this as a guide line for
demonstration purposes only.

I did not see that at all. Not that many deomos going ot to prevent
injuries mentioned:
The CPSC says the new rule is necessary to prevent the nearly 55,000
blade-contact injuries that require medical treatment and could save
consumers anywhere from $625 million to about $2.3 billion in reduced
medical payments, insurance claims and lost wages. The agency is
soliciting comments for 75 days before taking further action.