Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Emergence of Re-leavers

On 23/05/17 10:56, James Harris wrote:
Why would we want to be behind a tariff wall for things we don't
produce? It makes no sense. All it does is increase the costs of imports
without helping any of our people or businesses.

It helps the balance of payments. If oranges were £199 each we wouldn't
import many oranges. We might eat more UK apples though.

I am not advocating this: I am merely responding to your rhetorical
question with a serious answer.

"Saki"