Default Does efflorescence weaken concrete wall?

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:13:43 +0000 (UTC), someone wrote:

contractor said the efflorescence appearing in the concrete walls holding
back the slope behind our complex would eventually weaken them

This is confusing cause and effect.

The efflourescence itself is "just" minerals washing out of the wall.
That in itself causes no harm, often new walls have an initial
efflourescence that needs to be acid washed off for appearance sake.

BUT it *could* be a signal on an older wall that water is not draining
properly. A series of events *might* then follow that could be bed
for the wall. That, is perhaps it is a symptom. I suggest you get an
engineer to evaluate it.

-v.