Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Emergence of Re-leavers

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
James Harris wrote:
We would want to continue existing trade with Type 1 countries and
possibly improve such deals by making them tailored to us and them.
Some of them have already indicated their desire to do so.

They may well have to choose who they value more - trade with the EU *or*
the UK.

This is where I begin to struggle to understand your viewpoint. Why
might these countries need to choose between the UK and the EU27? Why
will they not continue to trade with both?

It depends on what conditions they trade under. If they have an existing
agreement with the EU, it could well be there will be clashes with goods
from the UK.

FFS stop talking such utter ********.
This is exactly why such negotiations take many many years - and even then
may fail.

They take many years when the EU are involved because of the way they
prepare for and conduct negotiations.
You don't have to look far to see the problem. At the moment, there is an
open border between Eire and Ulster. When we leave the EU - assuming no
agreement - that will have to be closed to prevent smuggling.

Why should we care about smuggling? That's the EU's problem.
It's rather
obvious we can't have a free trade agreement with just Eire (or any other
EU country) because once goods from the UK arrive there they can move
freely within the EU. And vice versa.

We can't have an individual trade agreement with member states because
it's all controlled by the EU you dimwit, something which Brexiteers
have always understood but not it seems remoaners.
--
bert