Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears, Craftsman, Stanley, and China

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 11:27:29 AM UTC-5, wrote:

The one I think they're dreaming over is "To contribute ~$100M Of
Average Annual Revenue Growth Per Year For Approximately Next Ten Years"

Link provided earlier for rest...

And you believe news blurbs intended for investors? If it's in the
press, it's wrong.

Something to that. Between incomplete reporting, reporting before all final facts are known, and using poor resources, sometimes it is hard to know what is current, factual, and applicable.

It will be interesting to see what happens to their investment over the next several years. The Craftsman name has value due to its provenance and the idea that certain of their tools will have a worry free lifetime warranty.

What if they use the Ridgid scenario and tools purchased from different vendors carry different warranties, even if it is the same exact product? Will each vendor have to honor a "Craftsman" sale? The local ACE hardware that sells Craftsman now (franchisee, not national store) does not honor Sears pricing from the weekly sales circular!

If it wasn't so sad to see the demise of a company I thought so highly of in the 60s and 70s, I would be glad to get the popcorn and watch the cats fight this one out.

Robert