Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default RCA PLUGS

On 2017/05/21 12:29 PM, wrote:
Radio shack, discounting now
that they're closing lots of stores.

Spending any more than $10
for a 6' stereo RCA pair is
snake oil.

No, not really. It does matter - outside of audio phool overpriced stuff
that is.

I have used a number of different RCA style plugs and jacks (gold and
tin plated, etc.) and there is certainly a quality difference that shows
up in compromising environments. My usage is in an unheated building
where light beam operated targets use RCA plugs to connect to their
control boxes. The original 1970s RCA plugs had longer center pins and a
sturdier socket than the ones I can find easily at Rat Shack and other
discount junk suppliers. I go to industrial places like Digi-Key to get
the quality and weather resistance I need.

I hate having to replace plugs/sockets after four or five years because
I cheaped out when I repaired it previously...

John :-#(#

(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com