Myxylplyk

Default Garage ceiling ideas? (drywall, plywood, etc?)

You could install strapping to help ease the sagging...

If you plan on using kraft backed fiberglass batts, you should consider installing the
insulation *before* you hang the drywall.
As for painting first, it's probably not a good idea. You'll need a good bond for the mud
and you will not know how far you'll need to feather the joints until it's installed.
Also, the paint will probably get marred during install but the lift or some other thing.

Good luck,
Myx

"Ryan" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the replies. I will probably just go with drywall. I have
24" centers, so I would need to use 5/8" drywall to prevent sag?

What do you think of priming and painting the drywall before I put it
up? I'd have to go over it again and paint the seams, and over the
screw holes, but I think it would be a lot easier than trying to prime
and paint 816 sq feet of ceiling that's 10.5 feet above my head.

I don't suppose paneling will work? That thin stuff that finds itself
on a lot of basement walls. It would probably sag?

Thanks,
-Ryan