Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Emergence of Re-leavers

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
On 21/05/2017 22:56, dennis@home wrote:
On 21/05/2017 20:55, bert wrote:

Utter ********. We will have a share of a bigger expanding cake
outside the EU.

Where have you invented more of the world from?
Since the UK can already trade with the rest of the world then you must
know something the rest of us don't.

Whether Brexit means more or less trade remains to be seen, but
currently we cannot enter into our own agreements with much of the
world, instead having to stick to the EU's tariffs for outside trade.

Outside the EU, we can come to agreements with those countries on
reduced or no tariffs wherever it is mutually beneficial.

You think? If every other country outside the EU was not in any trade
agreement with others, that might be the case. But where such agreements
exist, it isn't going to be simple for the UK to muscle in.

Let me try and explain. The US and Canada have a free trade agreement. The
US grows oranges, Canada apples. So trade is beneficial. The UK grows both
apples and oranges and wants to trade with them. Neither country wants
their home industries wrecked by imports. The US would love our cheap
apples, Canada our cheap oranges. But neither want both.

--
*Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.