Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Emergence of Re-leavers

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
James Harris wrote:
I keep on asking about all these large countries round the world who are
free to do a deal with the UK.

With you so far.

To replace the EU in terms of trade and
services income to the UK. If they are already in a trade deal with
another country or countries, that deal could well be in conflict with a
new deal to the UK.

I'm struggling to understand that lot. What are you talking about re
replacement and conflict?

If it helps, IMO there are these categories of potential trading
partners for the UK.

1. Countries we already have an EU agreement with.

You think? This will be part of cake and eat it, then?

Cake we currently enjoy. Find/Replace EU with UK. Deal done.

2. Countries with no EU agreement who use WTO terms.

Anyone can trade under WTO terms. The idea of a deal is to better those.

You don't say.

We would want to continue existing trade with Type 1 countries and
possibly improve such deals by making them tailored to us and them. Some
of them have already indicated their desire to do so.

They may well have to choose who they value more - trade with the EU *or*
the UK.

More of your stupid bollocls.
We would want to develop new trade deals with Type 2 countries. Some of
them are already in talks.

There will be plenty talking. Which will go on for years.

Couple of years at most.
How do your concerns fit into that?

My 'concerns' is that those who lead us into this mess have absolutely no
clue at all about the aftermath. No plans - only hopes.

You wouldn't recognise a plan if it kicked you up the arse.

The thing is this ain't the 19th century.

Then why do you keep using 19th century terms like "do tell" and "pray
tell"...?

That the best you can do?

I'm quite happy to reflect nonsense back to you when you choose to
descend to it.

Trade agreements between the various countries are already mature.
Which is why trying to set up an additional one - like say between the
US and EU - is extremely difficult and takes ages. Because one
agreement can effect another.

What we have done is akin to leaving a well paid job on a whim. Saying it
will be easy to get another. Only a fool does that.

And notice you have absolutely no answer to this point. Typical head in
the clouds Brexiteer.

You didn't ask any question. What was there to answer? Nothing.

What causes your continual reversion to little digs and insults? Does it
make you feel better in some way?

Good grief.

Oh you are still in mounting over the referendum.
--
bert