Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Sears, Craftsman, Stanley, and China

On 2017-05-21, J. Clarke wrote:

So much for the hope that Stanley will bring Craftsman back onshore. Even
if they do how will they distinguish their stuff from what Sears sells?

I bought some Craftsman combo wrenches about 4 yrs ago. They had a
set that was labeled "Made in the USA" and a set labeled, "Made in
China". Same set, essentially, but the USA labeled wrenches cost a
bit more. Natch, I bought the former.

Were they really made in USA or jes assembled. Even worse,
made/assembled on Guam, by Chinese workers, in a Chinese owned
factory, and merely labeled "Made in USA"? This is entirely legal,
now, and where much of our USA labeled stuff comes from.

nb