Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Washing machine stopped working

On 24/02/17 15:14, ss wrote:
Model Candy Grando GO 1482

Symptoms:
Put machiine to any cycle and water fills for maybe a second then stops
for a second then fills for half second then dead. Same applies to spin
or rinse.
If I turn to drain it drains ok.

So now got machine disconnected and pulled out.
So what to check and how? Electronics stuff I have not a clue :-(

I'd check the sensor which detects water level- or more exactly the pipe
that feeds it.

The sensor is (usually) round, maybe 3" in dia. and about midway up the
machine. It has a few wires and a pipe which goes to the 'plumbing' in
the lower regions. Check the pipe isn't blocked and the area where it
connects to the 'plumbing' is also clear- they can get clogged with the
grey 'gunge' you find in machines. Also, a small hole/split is possible
but a blockage is more common.

It is worth cleaning the 'gunge out' of the whole machine- as best you
can- including the drain hose.