Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin E Martin E is offline

Default [VIDEO] I had an interesting fail -- steel cabinet collapsed andfell

On 2017-05-20, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus31415 wrote:

My mill had DC motors and everything worked really nicely.

All three axes work.

Except for one thing. For 4th axis, I have a rotary table made by
Troyke with a resolver (not encoder). I bought from you a "resolver to
encoder signal converter".

Hmm ... I've only seen resolvers in aircraft instruments. Those
require 400 Hz power (26V IIRC). Is what you have also 400 Hz, or do
they make 60 Hz resolvers, too?

If they are 400 Hz, could some subsystem which is supposed to
generate the 400 Hz failing?

Good Luck,
DoN.

I want to say if you have a slave pair - one is a encoder and the other
a resolver. in other words - transmit and receiver.

One on a knob that is rotary or on a rack - and the other on a surface
that is moving. Sometimes in reverse the surface 'tells' the pointer
where to point.

Martin