Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] idesignany@gmail.com is offline

Default DryLok over Asbestos Tile? (or how to waterproof over asbestos tile)

Hi Dan,

I have the exact same issue only when it rains heavily and I have asbestos tile on the basement floor. And there is little water seepage from the floor due to groundwater.

How did you handle your problem?
Did you implement any sealer on the floor?

Please update,

Thanks
zafr

On Wednesday, July 7, 2004 at 9:41:56 AM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
Hi.

I have water seepage spots in my basement floor after very heavy
rains. The spots are in the middle of the floor. The floor is covered
with 9 inch asbestos tile.

I want to waterproof the floor and put down vinyl tile.

Can I apply DryLok Masonry Waterproofer over the Asbestos Tile? How
about RadonSeal?

Any thoughts on how I can waterproof the basement floor without
removing the Asbestos tiles?

Thanks!

Dan