Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Emergence of Re-leavers

"James Harris" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , James Harris

In article ,
James Harris wrote:

I didn't. It was YOU who brought animosity into the discussion.
Europe
is a beautiful place. And the people of Europe are our friends and
neighbours.

Friends and neighbours you wish to distance yourself from?

No, I don't want to get away from them.

I don't want a group of European politicians to be able to overrule the
government that Brits elect, if that's what you mean. But that's not
because they are Europeans. They could be from Mongolia or Timbuktu and
it would make no difference.

I repeat: You are claiming an animosity which is not there.

But it's what Dave does, so don't be surprised. He sets up his own
straw and bogey men and then claims you are in favour of them.

Yeh, right. Claim 'Europe' are our friends and neighbours.

They are.

But don't trust them.

That was never mentioned.

Don't want to co-operate with them.

No, the exact opposite is the case.

And certainly don't want to
contribute in any way to the poorer ones.

That's one way the EU could help the poorer countries - by making
financial transfers from rich to poor nations. But do you see any sign of
the EU doing that? I don't.

Then you need new glasses, BAD.

The fact that the rich countrys are net contributors to the EU and
the poor countrys are net recipients from the EU is that in spades.

Where's this supposed brotherhood of nations that you love so much?

There for starters.

Why is it sitting on its hands when its members are suffering

It isnt with the countrys that are suffering from a mass influx of
illegal immigrant due to where they are geographically for a start.

and when it itself has caused a large amount of their problems?

Sure, but not deliberately with say the mess Greece got into financially.

While the leaders live on vast incomes and expenses, feed themselves at
our expense, have a cellar of something like 42,000 bottles of wine, are
driven around by liveried chauffeurs etc, what are they going to do to
sort out the problems their ideas have caused to real people?

Quite a bit with illegal immigrants alone.

I don't see them taking any action. Nada.

Then you need new glasses, BAD.

In fact, when they get to talk about change what kind of change do they
want to make?

Spread the illegal immigrants across the EU instead
of leaving them clustered in places like Greece that
are so economically ****ed that they dont have even
the remotest possibility of dealing with them for starters.

Even though their ideas - Euro, FoM of persons, CAP, protectionism,
centralisation, etc - caused the problems that Europe is experiencing,

The EU free trade area has worked quite well.

their solutions are, incredibly, to take more power to themselves. They.
Just. Don't. Get. It.