Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Twin flourescent, both flickering

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
If you have any other tubes of the same type change one and see what
happens. I'm assuming these are the standard starter type old school
fittings, like the old Thorne ones for example.

I thought the capacitor was all to do with power factors and all that?

Sure, but if its failed, can still be the problem.

"R D S" wrote in message
news
Both tubes in a flourescent are flickering and won't light. Reading up on
the symptoms suggests the ballast at fault but there's two of them so
unlikely they've both failed?

As the only thing in there that there's only one of is a capacitor, is it
likely to be that at fault?