Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus31415 Ignoramus31415 is offline

Default [VIDEO] I had an interesting fail -- steel cabinet collapsedand fell

On 2017-05-20, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus31415 wrote:

Much to learn on a seemingly simple subject!

Yeah, nothing that seems simple is actually simple! And, stuff that you
just expect to sit there and do their job, sometimes doesn't. Still don;t
know how the screws on these cabinets actually get loose over time, but when
I go around tightening them, a bunch are in fact a bit loose.
By The Way your cnc boards are still working for me.

Great. Glad it is working for you. A guy just returned a big order. I
guess when he found out how many wires were involved, he chickened out.
He has a 3-axis Fanuc-controlled mill with brushless motors and a tool
changer. No WAY he is going to find a bolt-on solution that just plugs in
and has the machine up and running over a weekend, which I guess is what he
was hoping for.

Jon

My mill had DC motors and everything worked really nicely.

All three axes work.

Except for one thing. For 4th axis, I have a rotary table made by
Troyke with a resolver (not encoder). I bought from you a "resolver to
encoder signal converter".

This worked initially, HOWEVER after a while some errors started
creeping in and sometimes I would get completely erroneous results,
for A axis jumping randomly by thousands of degrees or some such
macroscopic number of degrees.

I disabled 4th axis for now but I want to fix it. Maybe I should fit
an encoder in place of that resolver or figure out why this converter
is not working.

Overall I am happy but 4th axis would be a great plus for me.