Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Combi or not combi - help!

On Sat, 20 May 2017 13:35:45 +0100, Terry Casey
wrote:

[snip]

I installed a combi boiler (Worcester Bosch) last year and I am a bit
disappointed with it.

The water takes a while to heat up when using Eco mode. I mostly run
without Eco mode (pre-heat is capable of being programmed) so I assume
I am using extra energy to save water.

The bath takes ages to fill. This may however be related to having an
unusual thermostatic mixer tap arrangement that serves the bath and
the shower.

The radiators warm up even when the heating is supposed to be off. I
understand this is because the boiler uses the heating as a heat sink
when it is pre-heating the hot water. Again, I assume this means
wasting energy.

I find the extractor system noisy for a domestic application, but this
may be common to all condensing systems.

The hot water even at its maximum setting is not hot enough. It's
okay for filling sinks and baths in the first place but for a top-up
it is fairly ineffective.

The washing machine is cold fill so this is not an issue. I think
nearly all washing machines are cold fill, so probably your next one
will be. Could you not disable hot fill if this would help?