Posted to alt.home.repair
🐈 Guy 🐈 Guy is offline

Default "Dual" brand Car Stereo (any good)?

replying to Paintedcow, 🐈 Guy wrote:
I don't like it and I'll further explained after answering some of your
questions. The USB works great for playing MP3's and is okay for charging your
phone although it doesn't put out as much power as you can get from just a
cigarette lighter higher-end USB charger. The stereo sounds good if not great
and I am quite pleased with the sound quality. I do have higher end speakers
and it doesn't put out enough power that my speakers can handle but it sounds
great. Now to the parts I don't like! When listening to FM stations the sound
muffles in and out as if someone is turning the treble way down and then way
back up and I cannot figure out a way to stop this. It does have a local for
the FM band but either setting local or not, it does not fix the problem.
Next, the USB playing MP3's works fine there is a search feature which is
quite confusing but while playing the USBs if you want to see the clock you
have to push the display button seven times. When that track or MP3 is
finished it goes back to the track title display, and then you have to push
the button seven times again to see the clock. If you do stream Bluetooth from
your phone which is one of the main reasons I bought the phone the only thing
on the display is a AV Stream, that's all and you cannot even go to the clock.
It doesn't matter what button you push it will not display the clock when you
are streaming Bluetooth. Next, I wanted to have my friend pair his phone to
the stereo so I unpaired my phone and the display was stuck on the AV Stream
and would not allow him to pair his phone. I have to go into the settings
manually turn off Bluetooth then turn it back on and he was able to pair his
phone with Bluetooth. I repeated that process 3 times and could not get it to
unpair his phone then pair my phone without having to manually go in and turn
Bluetooth off and then back on. Whether I can find my receipt or not it is
getting taken back! I will spend the extra $30 or pay full price for a new
stereo in the very near future. Probably a lower end Pioneer that actually has
Bluetooth capabilities because that is the main feature I want. To some things
up the blue display Lighting on the stereo is rudely bright and is not
dimmable.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...d-1110873-.htm