Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Battery capacity testing

On 2017-05-19, mike wrote:
On 5/19/2017 9:33 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
I've finally acquired enough equipment to measure the remaining
Amp-Hour capacity of my Lead-Acid and Lithium battery collection. The
first result that jumped out is that older batteries suffer from
rising internal resistance as they discharge, enough that the
automatic low voltage cutoff trips short of rated capacity, and then
the battery slowly recovers to well above the full discharge voltage
given in the specs.

[ ... ]

The higher the peak current, the fewer electrons all those
protection circuits will let you have.
Even with a new battery, capacity is a strong function of
load current.

Numbers from browsing the web won't help much when
Microsoft decides to do an update and runs all your cores
at 100%.

Well ... that is not a problem for me. The first thing I do
when I pick up a new (to me) laptop is to remove the virus. The last
virus was called "Windows 10". I replace it with either a linux or an
OpenBSD system, so Microsoft doesn't have a say in when I update, and
updates for the others are based on telling me that updates are
available, and letting me decide whether and when to install them. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail