Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Solar Roof Read reply Solar is joke

mike news May 2017 06:35:33 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

It's not rocket science. Draw a schematic with two 600V battery
symbols representing the solar panels. Connect them in series
inside your black box. Inside the box, place an X on two points
attached to the panels that have 1200V between them.
Convince me that you can't find two points outside your black box
that have 1200V between them. It'll be two of the four wires
attached to the black box. If you can't they're not in series.

No, it's not rocket science...
http://www.talkingelectronics.com/pr...e%20Works.html

While I won't get into my specific circuit designs, suffice to say,
you won't see 1200volts on the input terminals unless you take a
reading outside the box, and, not internally. As internally, as I
already told you, it has circuitry to prevent that issue.

The diode reference above is one of the important components to that
'safety' circuit, and I offered the link because you don't seem to
understand what a diode can be used for. Well, now you you do.

Ok, so you've moved the battery to the device. That works. But
it's storage nonetheless. If you have adequate distributed
storage in devices to run
them without grid tie, you don't need grid tie and you're off the
grid. Good job.
Just don't try to tell me that it's a typical residential rooftop
solar system for the masses.

I'm not sure what you mean by traditional, but, it is a viable solar
option, if you can afford the costs and don't expect to recoup the
losts by selling it to your power company. His goal wasn't to be off
the grid, but, he could be if he so desired.