Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Harris[_3_] James Harris[_3_] is offline

Default Emergence of Re-leavers

In article ,
James Harris wrote:
On 19/05/2017 08:57, dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
James Harris wrote:
I didn't. It was YOU who brought animosity into the discussion. Europe
is a beautiful place. And the people of Europe are our friends and
neighbours.

Friends and neighbours you wish to distance yourself from?

You may have noticed that all the brexitters think we will be free to
do what we like in Europe after brexit

They do? Are you sure?

You've not heard politician say we can set up deals with those individual
countries in the EU we'd like to after we've left?

I've heard Boris Johnson come out with some daft comments, if that's
what you mean. But your claim that "all the brexiteers" say such things
is patently absurd and just as daft, IMO.

I have - on several
occasions. And heard the most nonsense about how we could have the current
open border with Eire too, after leaving. How some of these idiots ever
get elected...

but that the EU won't be in the UK. They appear to be very optimistic.
Maybe that's the big difference, some people are over optimistic?

The whole basis of the leave campaign was the gamble we could have our
cake and eat it. Sensible people know gamblers always lose.

I don't see that. When we were in, and the EU wanted to change its model
to something more political and less prosperous, Britain tried to
persuade them out of it. They said: You cannot be in and not come with
us on our journey. When we resisted they said you cannot have your cake
and eat it.

But now we are leaving. We don't want their mouldy old cake. We'll agree
a trade deal if they want, and we'll be completely outside. No cake. No
eating it. No cherries. No picking. Outside. With a trade relationship
just like other independent nations.

--
James Harris