Al Reynolds

Default Anyone recommend a compound mitre circular saw?

Morning folks,

I have recently discovered that the £26.99 mitre
saw I purchased for B&Q isn't much use for
anything wider than 7cm, which I would have
found out if I had read the box more carefully.

I now need one for coving, cornice, pelmets and
skirting, so it needs to cut up to about 13cm.

I'd rather spend less than £100 if possible. B&Q
(Performance Power Pro) have the "Slide Comp
Mitre Saw Laserline (1200W) 210mm" at £129
and the "Slide Comp Mitre Saw (900W) 190mm"
for £99.98 (see http://tinyurl.com/zgkr and
http://tinyurl.com/zgl1 for details).

As far as I can see, the extra £29 gets you:
- More powerful motor
- Bigger disc
- Adjustable depth of cut
- Side support bars
but they both have adequate cutting potential.

Is it really worth the extra £29 for these features?
Can anyone recommend a different option?

Thanks in advance,
Al Reynolds