Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Emergence of Re-leavers

In article ,
James Harris wrote:
On 19/05/2017 11:56, bm wrote:
"James Harris" wrote in message
news
On 19/05/2017 01:16, bm wrote:

As I keep saying, Dave, Brexit won't happen.

Have you been on this journey?

"Brits will never vote to leave the EU"
"Article 50 will never be triggered"
"Brexit won't happen"

There's many a slip twixt cup and lip.
I wouldn't go flag waving just yet.

I wasn't waving any flag. You were!

Brexit will happen. We will no longer be part of the EU.

The main point will be if it was worth it. Assuming we do reach and
agreement on trades and services with the EU, which my guess is likely,
given that's what May wants too.

What is very likely is we'll end up paying into the EU budget but without
any real influence on how it is spent. Immigration will be nominally under
our control, but in terms of numbers will not be reduced by much - and
certainly not to near zero as many leavers wanted. And we'll still be
subject to all the common legislation.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman London SW