Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Emergence of Re-leavers

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
James Harris wrote:
I've never seen what the disadvantages are of having a degree of
common
standards and objectives.

They are fine if you agree with them, but constraining and limiting if
you do not.

Oh, and common EU standards can focus on minutiae and become incredibly
hard to change. I head recently that Nick Clegg said the EU took 15
years to decide on the definition of chocolate.

https://youtu.be/mfRlIAiHRhI

And that really is such an important thing that
you're happy to ruin the economy over?

You havent established that the economy will be ruined.

And the top levels of the British government - PM and Chancellor -
had to get involved in trying to persuade the EU to let the UK remove
VAT from tampons. I don't think they ever succeeded. But it's good
to know that our top officials are not wasting time on trivia. ;-)

Likewise.

Ditto.

EU rules become an edifice, a trap.

I was hoping for something rather more draconian to worry about.

There is plenty of that, like forcing complete freedom of movement
on all countrys in the EU and the euro on all new joiners.