Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Emergence of Re-leavers

In article ,
James Harris wrote:
In article ,
James Harris wrote:

To the British the single market is simply a place to trade. To the
Europeans, however, the single market is a way to achieve ever greater
union. Many Brits have no idea how our European neighbours think about
it.

Rather says it all that you split the EU into the UK and everyone
else. As if every other country in the EU was united against a common
enemy - the UK.

You may have read that. I didn't write it. I was contrasting the UK view
with the "weighted average" view of the rest.

You're falling into the trap of speaking for all the UK. As well as the EU
too. Plenty in the Uk liked the idea of a closer alliance with our friends
in Europe. And dislike the fad of presenting them as foes.

The reality is EU members, of course, all have differing views of how
things should be done for the best.

I've never seen what the disadvantages are of having a degree of common
standards and objectives.

They are fine if you agree with them, but constraining and limiting if
you do not.

I keep on asking just which did anything in the way of 'limiting'. And so
far have had very little concrete information.

--
*I must always remember that I'm unique, just like everyone else. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.