Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall[_2_] Adrian Brentnall[_2_] is offline

Default Programmable c/h room thermostat, with adjustable hysteresis /dead zone?

HI Andy

On 17/05/2017 19:48, Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Brentnall wrote:

The current 'stat is battery, so having a replacement that doesn't need
12 or 240v would be a good thing....

They no longer seem to sell 230V models that also have a hot water
timer, unless I've not seen the right section of the website.

The hot water's on a separate timer (odd way of doing things - but
that's what they did, and it seems to work) - so straightforward c/h
controller is fine

Don't be tempted by their older wifi based ones they were insecure as
hell, therefore I'd also be wary of their newer wifi ones too (though I
think they work by making outbound internet connections now, not inbound)

I'm generally in favour of simpler rather than complicated..
and can't think of any good reason (for us) for a wi-fi-connected
thermostat (given that we're usually in the house 95% of the time).

Thanks for the warning, though!
Adrian