Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Supascrews and Twinqwik screws

On Wed, 17 May 2017 13:33:40 +0100, lid
wrote:

On 17/05/2017 07:46, Graeme wrote:
8

My question is not about the difference between Philips and Pozi, or the
different sizes, but whether the GKN cross head is still standard, or
whether it was a one off unique to GKN, and now long gone. The screws
were around for years after GKN withdrew from the market, but supplies
have now all but disappeared.

I think they were a knock off of standard pozis.

If you want a better screw use torx head screws they are much better
than pozi.

I remember Supascrews coming out - I was still at work so yes, must have
been about 30 years ago.
Rather alarmingly, one claim was that they can tolerate up to 10 deg. of
misalignment of the driver - we never managed to find the figure for Pozis.

I still have a couple of Pz 1 drivers from those days and they're v. useful
at times, as is the Pz 3.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away