Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default A lucky find

In article ,
says...

As far as using an ohm meter. I do understand the old analog ones are
probably not a good idea. I do have a modern digital one (not one of
those cheap HF ones). But what about using a VTVM. I may be wrong, but
it's my understanding that VTVMs are safe to use on darn near anything.
I have two of them, a Heathkit and an Eico.

(Presently the Heathkit one tends to act a bit flakey, probably needs
new caps, but the Eico works fine).

I have a Heathkit VTVM I put together over 40 years ago. I had it out a
while back just to see if it still worked. It was slightly flakey and I
gave it a shot of the Deoxit on the switches and that made it work like
it did when I built it.

I don't know what kind of current it puts out in the ohms position. I
doubt I will ever use it for anything but maybe where I need a zero
center scale meter.