Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Removing defective switch from PCB

On 2017/05/17 7:37 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I have a Behringer EQ that has a bad front panel switch. It looks to be
a standard 3 pin SPDT type, surrounded by a metal bracket that holds it
fast to the PCB.

I've been having a lot of difficulty removing it from this PCB with
plated-through holes for replacement; it's resisted all my attempts to
pry it out using an iron/solder sucker or solder wick. I don't own a hot
air station unfortunately - any tips here?

With the hot air rework stations from China at only $ 45 you may want to
look into getting one. While they probably will not hold up under heavy
usage, I have one and it works fine for hobby use. YOu get the hot air
gun and a soldering iron that heats up very fast.

Here is one from ebay..
122275067539

Item number is not valid...

John :-#(#

(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com