Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Latex Paint - Tacky/Sticky finish days after painting - Solutions?

On Thu, 18 May 2017 18:14:02 GMT, Lorraine Ruscher
m wrote:

replying to JGS, Lorraine Ruscher wrote:
This is the second time I painted my deck with latex paint .first time ended
in the evening and it got alittle chilly. It has been tacky and the paint came
off under chairs.. I repaint it was very warm and it's still tacky love the
color it was custom have no more please help having party tomorrow.

You want a "blocking" paint. A lot of latex paint never really
"dries". A "blocking" paint will cure as a solid and you won't have
that problem. Ask someone at a real paint store for paint for the
specific application.

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/hom...adhesion-block

BTW, paint isn't the best idea for a deck.