Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Another solution to a non problem

On Tue, 16 May 2017 22:33:45 -0500, Leon wrote:

wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 11:02:46 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I'm going to agree with your weather and accomodations arguments. No
basement. All my shops have been in the basement. Even though they
were not walk out basements. Basements just seem to me to be the right
spot for a shop. Handy, climate controlled, free unused space.
Although having a separate building would be nice too. And the weather.
No winters but rainy season. Weather is too good not to be outside doing something.

+1

My shop was the 2-car garage and (a slowly constructed) bonus room
above it. It was really handy to open the garage door and move out
into the driveway but Alabama summers aren't great for working
outside. I certainly hear the issue of sweat messing up finishes.

This house has a full, walk-out, basement. I have 2000sq. ft. of
space all to myself. It's not heated or air conditioned but there is
really only a short time in the Summer where it's uncomfortable to
work and the coldest part of the Winter only requires a sweat shirt to
start. The only downside is that stuff really does accumulate to fit
the space given. ;-) SWHMO is talking about moving but basements
are hard to come by. I'm not wanting to go there (the last sentence is
good reason why ;-).

My wife and I looked at houses for 25 years before buying again. There is
one out there, don't rush.

I gots a huge basement now. Why would I want to move? ;-) ...and
it'll be paid for in August.

Oh, *now* I got you. If I take 25 years...