Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DW713 Accessories

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 6:07:38 AM UTC-5, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 5/16/2017 11:08 PM, Bob Penoyer wrote:
I have a DeWalt DW713 Type 2 miter saw. The manual, pages 3&4, says it
can use the DW7082 clamp and DW7084 crown stop. But the lists of saws
that can use the DW7082/4 don't include the DW713.

Can those items be used with the DW713?

http://tinyurl.com/kahuo2o
http://tinyurl.com/ksmhbl8

The manual is available by clicking an icon he
http://tinyurl.com/lxblfk7

It would appear that the DW7082 and DW7084 would work IF your saw has
the required holes for mounting as shown in the parts breakout.

Why not call or contact Dewalt for the definitive answer, pointing out
the confusion caused by saying that it will work in one publication and
omitting it in another?

That way if they tell you it will work and doesn't the return should be
simple and "on them."

Agree. I have two different models of the venerable 713. One is a year old, the other is over 20. They are slightly different saws, tweaks being made over the life of the saw model. I think that when I bought mine 20+ years ago, that model of 713 had been on the market a few years.

Note too, that the last link you posted with the manual's pdf, it says in RED letters there is more than on model of that saw. DeWalt can tell you what version you have, and then what will work.

Call 'em!

Robert