Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Just imagine... a BUILDING, made of WOOD!!

Steve wrote in
:

Well yes I am, but seriously, this came over my LinkedIn feed today,
and is pretty cool. Newly-developed, major commercial in Minneapolis.
7 stories, 238,000 Sq. Ft. Thought I'd share.

"The foundation, core, and ground floor are concrete, but the rest of
the seven-story structure is timber, making it the largest timber
building in North America."

Good marketting PR speak, but factually untrue. The largest
timber building in NA would be one of the blimp hangers the
Navy built in WW2, of which half a dozen still exist. They
are about 10 times as large as this new building.

John