Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stupidity of design. Rant Warning!

On Mon, 15 May 2017 09:57:26 -0700 (PDT), robobass
wrote:

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:44:50 PM UTC+2, wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2017 09:06:08 -0700 (PDT), robobass
wrote:

OK then. I stand corrected. My last Japanese car was an RX-2, which bit the dust in 1981. Since then it has been VW, Saab, or now I am a real sucker for Alfa Romeo. Still... All tools, machines, bikes, pretty much every hex head I have experienced here in Europe, uses 10, 13, 15,17, 19, etc. I own lathes, table saws, milling machines...not to mention bicycles. Never seen a 14mm hex head. But I haven't owned a Toyota!

I used to dive VW Bugs. I really liked those cars. I would just beat
the crap out of them driving fast on dirt roads and had to give up
driving them because I abused 'em so much and it got expensive. The
Bugs used almost all odd number metric sized fastener hex heads. My
tool kits for these cars had 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, and 19mm sized
sockets and wrenches. When I started driving japanese cars I had to
make sure I had even number metric tools. So I get where you are
coming from.
Eric

Eric, yes, I started my VW experience with an '82 Rabbit. Never was there a car more fun to beat the **** out of!

I used to follow my motocrossing friends on the mellower track in my
'62 Corvair convertible. It flew nicely with the 100# sandbag in the
front. Fond memories.

--
In today’s academia and mainstream media,
we’re all guilty of hate until proven leftist.

--Robert Knight, senior fellow, American Civil Rights Union