Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Fence post question - attach to house or not?

On Thu, 18 May 2017 09:33:33 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

On 5/17/17 3:09 PM, Micky wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 18:44:02 GMT, MBowland
m wrote:

replying to aemeijers, MBowland wrote:
I am sick that I let someone drill bolts in my brick house when he replaced
our gate

The electric company wanted to put something on my AC to turn it off
during a brownout. I asked for this, and they deducted something from
my electric bill in summer months, even if they never did it.

SNIP

A few years back, I let my electric company install one of those A/C cut
out switches too. In exchange, they gave a modest monthly bill credit.
But by early summer, I told them to take it off.

They were vicious knocking my A/C offline for 30-45 minutes at a clip
even though the brochure said never more than for 8-10 minutes and then
only once each hour.

That's pretty bad. BGE had about the same rules and I don't think
they violated them.