Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Solar Roof Read reply Solar is joke

Stormin' Norman
Thu, 18 May 2017
01:12:48 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Thanks very much for taking the time to put all this information
together, tomorrow morning when I have more energy, I will scour
all of it.

You're very welcome. Btw, for NEC code purposes, the series wiring is
done on the internals of my modbox. In other words, you run both
strings to it. And it's #12 for most of the power input side of the
system. PV array strings, etc. The voltage is upto 600volts per string,
but the amperage is low. The output on the modbox and the battery bank
uses much larger wire as it's carrying lower voltage, but, MUCH higher
amperage. The output side of the inverter is also a larger capacity
wire, but not as large as the output side of the modbox or a battery
bank. Since it's being tied into some switch gear (interlocks,
disconnects, etc) and eventually winding up at your panel.