Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Solar Roof Read reply Solar is joke

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 8:31:34 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Tue, 16
May 2017 19:28:13 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Not if it's a residential solar system, which is what we are
talking about here and it complies with the NEC. NEC limits the
maximum voltage to 600V. And you claim to be installing these?

When this setup was installed, according to a true RMS FLUKE meter,
it was generating over a thousand volts, DC. granted, that's with
both 'strings' and no load present on either of them.

Well then it's in violation of the NEC.

The install manual for the hybrid inverter you referenced cleared
it up.

You obviously have no idea about what I wrote about. Yet, you
continue, and call me the troll? Laughable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_engineering

Cripes.. You could be almost anything, such a wide brush...

So, I will ask for my own clarification.. What do you specialize in?

It depends on what you need/want to use it for...

Show us the case studies. And besides, the whole thread was about
what is generally being done, not some fringe users.

Ahh, I see you've started moving goal posts early. Sorry about that.

Still waiting for those examples of grid tied solar that powers the
house with the grid down and no batteries. If it was possible,
all the solar install companies would be hawking it. So far,
you can't produce one. And I provided you the install manual for
the hybrid inveerter that you cited, where it only shows installs
with a battery bank and where it specifically says it must be used
with a battery bank.