Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Fence post question - attach to house or not?

On Wed, 17 May 2017 18:44:02 GMT, MBowland
m wrote:

replying to aemeijers, MBowland wrote:
I am sick that I let someone drill bolts in my brick house when he replaced
our gate

The electric company wanted to put something on my AC to turn it off
during a brownout. I asked for this, and they deducted something from
my electric bill in summer months, even if they never did it.

The guy comes to the door, gives me a small brochure and tells me what
he will do.

I follow him to the AC a couple minutes later and he's drilled into my
brick house to mount the thing. When I read the brochure, it says
they'll mount it to the AC if I want, but there was no time to read
the brochure and get out there before he drilled the holes.

Fortunately he had sense to drill into the mortar, but I'll never be
able to match the mortar! Also it means I can change the compressor,
or have it changed with a little less work.

I was over this before you posted and now I'm ticked off again.