Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default what's wrong with our potatoes?

On 17/05/17 11:59, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 01:00:01 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
On 16/05/2017 22:22, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Fredxxx wrote on 14/05/2017 :
I recall in my teens finding Stilton horribly strong and preferring
mild cheddar. Now ....................

I still cannot enjoy any but the very mild cheeses.

I have never had Brie before, but my partner asked me to collect some
recently, because she said she liked it.

It stank the fridge out, then despite being triple bagged - it stank the
entire house out, such was the strength of the pong - I had to throw it
in the bin outside. Still triple wrapped - The fridge had to be washed
out and I could still smell it 50 yards away at the far end of the garden.

Doesn't sound like Brie to me!

Or to me but maybe there's some brie the french have that we don't see much of in the UK like the norwegian canned fish. The brie I see in supermarkets is less smelly than mature chedder.

Some bries can honk massively. Most dont.

The moulds that form the crust can generate ammonia.

Here's a lovely quote:

"Brie should smell like athletes socks they've worn for 3 weeks.
Definitely NOT like a zombies knob."