Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default what's wrong with our potatoes?

Johnny B Good wrote on 14/05/2017 :
Our sense of taste and smell (just variations on the same basic chemical
sensing of our environment) are, evolutionarily speaking, the most
ancient of all our senses. Without researching the subject, I rather
think our chemical sensory system is the most robust of the senses and
least likely to deteriorate with age.

I agree with that. I can't enjoy anything strongly flavoured at all,
curries, strong chilli's, raw onions are a complete no, no for me. I
always hated the taste or smell of vinegar. Could not even cope well
with anyone using it on their plate near me, but recently my taste must
have changed for now I have begun using it myself.

Food has certainly changed in flavour and taste in my lifetime, I judge
this by the fact that some food does have taste I remember, but some is
just bland. I used to love Jersey spuds, but they are tasteless now, no
better than any other spuds.