Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Supascrews and Twinqwik screws

"Graeme" wrote in message

Some years ago, Supascrews were introduced, and mixed packs were sold, complete with
cross head driver. Yellow plastic tray, with clear flip up lid. Anyway, the name
seemed to disappear, although Twinqwik surfaced, and seemed to be the same.

Having stocks of a whole range of sizes (and several drivers), I want to top up a few,
but neither name seems common now.

As with Goldscrews etc they're just trade names. Twinquick sounds like
a twinthread screw. In theory twinthreads are easier to start and
drive, which makes them popular with anyone using a lot on a daily
basis while single threads have a beefier thread which gives better
purchase especially in softwood and MDF.

Does anyone know whether Pozi heads are the same? I don't want to buy, then find the
head of the drive is similar, but not quite the same.
--
Graeme

Pozi heads - the actual indentation on the screwhead, bits and screwdrivers
come in 3 sizes.

Its sometimes possible to get away with using the wrong size, usually
accompanied by a crunching noise, a slipped driver and possible swearing.

michael adams